Friday, July 4, 2014

The Majestic Tapir

Yesterday I visited the Woodland Park Zoo with Deeda, while observing the "You Are Here" Map I saw it, the Tapir.  It was an animal I had never seen before and I was determined to see it in its natural habitat.
That was easier said than done.  Especially when we were easily distracted by the carousel.  Suddenly, the day was over and we hadn't observed one.  Well, I wasn't going to make that mistake again.  

I could care less about July 4th (Daddy doesn't let me near fireworks anyway), we were going back to the zoo, it was now a quest.

Day two and I was leaving no stone unturned.  Even if the zoo staff was more concerned about trying to get me interested in the nest of African birds I wasn't going to be distracted from my goal the way I was yesterday.
And then after nearly 4 HOURS I had found it.  A little disappointed since all it seemed to want to do was sleep (Nocturnal) but regardless sometimes the journey is more exciting than the destination.  I had Daddy take a "Proof of Life" photo just in case anyone doubted me later on.

-Jaxon


No comments:

Post a Comment